We do offer loaner laptops and laptop rentals. Any laptop you see on our website is available for rental as well as for purchase.
Rental services are only available in person, and we require a picture ID and valid credit card (only Canadian bank-issued cards are accepted). The original cardholder is required to be present and to sign the rental form.
Laptop rental fees are as following:
<$100 laptop: $15/wk
$100-$249 laptop: $20/wk
$250-$449 laptop: $25/wk
$450-$599 laptop: $35/wk
$600-$849 laptop: $45/wk
>$849 laptop: $65/wk
Any week started is due to be paid. Rental starts the day the equipment is picked up. Any week started is due to be paid. Rental starts the day the equipment is picked up.
The booked rental fee is required to be paid at the time customer takes possession of the rental.
Small items rental is also available (i.e. webcam, power adapter, mouse and keyboard, etc.) at $5/week for items under $50. For larger items (projector, printer, monitor, desktop computer, etc.) and small items over $50, please contact us for a quote.
Equipment Rental Terms & Conditions
- Rates: Rates are as per outlined on the quote and/or invoice sent to customer.
- Late Fees: We are happy to offer a grace period after the end of your rental period. Late fees of $25.00 per item per 7-days period beginning at 5:00 PM on the day after the due date shown on the invoice will accrue for any rented equipment not returned by 5:00 PM on that date, in addition to the regular rental fees. These late fees will be charged on the credit card on file within 2 business days of the time of the return of the equipment.
- Non-Returned Equipment: If Renter does not return all rented equipment within 2 weeks of the due date, the equipment will be considered being purchased by the Renter and the value of the equipment as shown on the invoice will be charged to the credit card on file, in addition to the fees abovementioned.
- Software, Updates and Data: Renters can add or update any software on the rented equipment. DBCS Computer is not responsible for any files lost during the rental period or after the equipment is returned, as a matter of fact, we do wipe all data upon return of the equipment. The Renter’s data is the Renter’s responsibility. Equipment that has been software or hardware locked by the Renter (i.e. iCloud, BIOS, ChromeOS enrollment, Kensington lock,…) will incur a charge of up to the market value of the equipment as shown on the invoice.
- Condition of Rented Property and Damage Policy: Renter agrees that they have fully accepted, take possession of the rented property and acknowledge the rented property to be satisfactory and suitable for the purpose the Renter intends, in full compliance with the terms of this Equipment Rental Agreement, and in good condition and repair. The Renter is entirely responsible for the rented equipment during the entire rental term, until the equipment is returned to DBCS Computer. If the rental equipment is damaged, lost or stolen, the Renter will be held fully accountable for payment of the full item price as shown on the invoice sent to customer. Renter is to make sure that upon receiving their rental equipment, to immediately inspect it thoroughly for any damage and immediately contact DBCS Computer to notify us of the damage in order to avoid complications and/or fees. A cleaning fee of $65 will be applied on any rental if the item is returned dirty and/or has stickers/sticker residue or other marks that were not present at the time of the rental.
- Compliance with Laws and Policies: Renter agrees to use the rented equipment in compliance with all applicable local, provincial and federal laws, including but not limited to copyright laws.
- Title: Title of the rented equipment is owned by DBCS Computer.
- Usage Charges: DBCS Computer is not responsible for any usage charges incurred by the Renter while using dial-up or Internet-based service.
- Indemnification/Hold Harmless: Renter assumes liability for and agrees to defend, release, indemnify, and hold DBCS Computer harmless from any and all claims, liability, losses, costs, expenses, or damages of every nature (including, without limitation, fines, forfeitures, settlements, penalties, and attorneys’ fees) by or to any person whomsoever, arising out of or related in any manner to this Equipment Rental Agreement, the rented property, and/or the Renter’s use of the rented property, except that caused by the sole negligence of DBCS Computer. Renter agrees that DBCS Computer shall not be held liable to Renter for any representation, claim, expense, or loss directly or indirectly caused by any person, including DBCS Computer, or in any way related to the rented property.